Friday, January 16, 2015

Lunchbox look - Jan. 12-16, 2015

We're back in the swing of things! Well, almost. I had a few lazy lunch-making days but every single box came home empty, so they can't be that bad! I'm still playing with a few new tools. Whenever I wonder how my kids can get so excited about new toys, I look at my own giddiness over some brightly colored plastic picks and it all makes sense.




Baby panda! The panda is made from a set that is intended to be used on rice and nori, but I made a little sandwich with it instead and added the details with fruit leather. I was very pleased! The rest is filled in with a waxy cheese, panda container of dried cherries, celery sticks plus kiwi and strawberries in the second tier.




Taco Tuesday! Dinner leftovers made for one very happy little girl, even though she forgot her lunchbox in her classroom and had to eat alone with the teacher. The side dishes are olives, an Oreo and tomatoes.




Minnie! Another easy lunch put together in a Lego box filled with teacup silicones. From the top left there are mini sandwiches on picks, tomatoes and snap peas, salami and cheese cubes, and kiwi and strawberries. Throw in a few Disney mini forks and we're done!




Strawberries! My kids were overjoyed at the return of strawberries. On the bottom tier are a handful of whole berries. On the right are sandwiches with pick stems and fruit leather faces. There's also blueberries, snap peas, tomatoes and yogurt pretzels.









































Love you-o-bot! I saw this theme on a Valentine's dish set and thought it would be perfect with my new robot cutters. The robot's eyes are made from sprinkles with food-safe marker details and more sprinkles for the smile and heart. Then we have snap peas, cheese cubes, a leftover meatball, checkered apple and strawberry hearts plus a cookie star.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment